Hi, I have problem with my son. He is three years old. We went on our first holiday last summer. I have bought the suncream for children that my pediatrician recommended. Also, I have tried to avoid sun exposure between twelve and three. But none of this helped. My son had sunburn redness all over his body. I was wondering if you could give me some advice so that I could prevent this from happening again.

Hi, I used to have the same problem with my daughter. She has very pale complexion, unlike my husband and I. When we went on our first holiday she suffered severe sunburns on the first day. I was very worried and for the rest of holiday we stayed indoors. In time and with the help of her pediatrician I have managed to come up with the holiday plan that was best for her complexion. You should avoid going to the beach between eleven and four. When you go out, your son should wear a tee-shirt that will protect his skin. Also, you should apply the sunscreen one hour before you get out and reapply every half an hour no matter what the instructions on the bottle say. I hope that these tips will help you with your son as much as they have helped me with my daughter.