Hi, I have a problem with my boyfriend. Every year we have trouble organizing our summer vacation. I think that this time of year should be spent on the beach, but he disagrees. My boyfriend has pale skin and whenever he tries to sunbathe he experiences really bad sunburns. That is why he doesn't want to go to the seaside. Do you have some advice about how he can protect his skin so we could have a nice holiday?

Hi, I am sorry to hear about your boyfriend's troubles with sunburns. My sister has the same problem and she also doesn't like to spend her summer holidays by the seaside. However, there are a couple of things that she does, that you could recommend to your boyfriend in order for you to have a nice holiday. My sister uses sunscreen with the highest sun protection factor she can find. On our last holiday I believe that she had a suncream with SPF 45. I have no idea where she found it. She applies it half an hour before she gets out in the sun and then reapplies every half an hour, regardless what the instructions say. She tries to stay in the shade with her sunglasses and her hat with very wide rim on. Also, going out between eleven and five is highly undesirable. And now I am going to give you one last and most important tip. If you really want to enjoy your summer holiday with your boyfriend you will follow these steps as well.