I need urgent advice! We were on vacation and my 4 year old son is having a rash on his back (he wasn’t exposed to sun) and it’s itching him. It looks like tiny bumps surrounded by a zone of red skin. Is it possible this is a heat rash? What am I to do? Please help! Must we visit doctor?

Yes, I believe he has a heat rash. It develops in a hot humid conditions and infants are often a target of heat rash. As in your case it develops a few days or even months after the exposure of humid conditions.
If you keep the affected area cool and dry it will probably go away on its own. Shower and let his skin air dries. Don’t add anything on his skin (especially oil based products) if is still sweating, because this may block his sweat glands, which means, trap more sweat and worsen the situation.
When the skin is dry apply calamine lotion or an over-the-counter 1% hydrocortisone cream to relieve itching.
If the situation isn’t better within a few days, you must visit a doctor.