Hi, I had an abortion on the 13th of April which was a week and 3 days ago. After the abortion I bled for about 2 days and ever since then I have just had this brown discharge kind of like when you are at the end of your period and I have been ok with it. I woke up this morning and thought that I had urinated all over myself but when I went to the bathroom I realized it was blood!! I was bleeding everywhere!! I got it all over my floor and sat on the toilet and literally felt the blood pouring out of me. I really started to panic so I jumped in the shower and cleaned myself of and it kind of slowed the bleeding down. I then started bleeding about 10 minutes after my shower so I put on a pad and went to the clinic. He said to call the doctor that did my abortion and she what she says. I called her but no answer, go figure. I have been trying to call them all day but no one is returning my calls. When I sit down I dont really bleed, which I think is for obvious reasons, but when I stand up I can just feel it coming out and about 20 minutes ago I passed a huge blood clot which was about the size of a ping pong ball. Now I'm really starting to freak out because I'm a single mom with no family here in Canada and I can't be going to the hospital unless I really have to. I was told by the doctor that I saw previously that I could possibly be hemorriaging but I dont see how that would be possible. I dont work at the moment so the only physical activity I get is dropping and picking my daughter off at daycare which is about a 20 minutes walk there and back. I really just need someone's opinion if possible....thinking it might be normal as I have never had an abortion before...the bleeding has slowed down for now but I'm guessing it's going to start again as I go pick up my daughter from daycare this evening. Please help? Thank you very much

Hi Chapee,

If you are bleeding as bad as you say you need to see a doctor immediately.  You can hemorrhage without any reason.  It could also be due to an infection.

Was this surgical or chemical?

If it doesn't slow please seek medical attention.  Not only could your life be in danger but think what might happen to your daughter if you are incapacitated?  Keep us posted.

Went to the hospital last night,,,they did a bunch of blood work and did an internal exam to see if they find anything,,,,my bloodwork came back saying that my hormone levels were going down but they want me to go back in 2 days just to make sure that they are still going down,,,if they stay at the same level then they will have to do another scrap but other then that they said they didnt see any hemorrhaging which was good,,,,so I just have to go for an ultrasound tomorrow and blood work the next day just to make sure everything ok,,,but the bleeding has stopped today which is a good thing,,,doctors just told me to take it easy and get some rest as I should of done after I got the abortion,,,,thanks for your feedback, it is definitely appreciated =)

Hi ChaPee,

I'm glad you went to the hospital to get it checked. The hormone levels going down is what should be happening.

Take it easy and get some rest, it's always the best answer.

Good luck.