i recently had a herpes outbreak on my lip and its been like 2 weeks and the redness still hasnt gone away. i was wondering if scarring is possible, and do you think its going to scar and if so, is there anything i could do about it like laser surgery or something thanks

Health Advisor
Like you probably already know, herpes usually doesn’t leave scars. Although the blisters are gone, redness and marks could persist for a few weeks longer. It would be worse if you picked at them.

Even if you picked, I don’t think it would scar you. Just let it alone and it will heal on its own. I know it is stressfully and annoying but it is just the way it is. Just don’t pick it and it will go away.

Well i have this redness after herpes almoust 4 months already:S. It is like a scar, I guess I will ask some surgery help or smth.