hi i just found out that i have a hernia, that doc said it's rip like 8.4mm wide. well i need surgery?

In most of the cases, hernias are harmless, but there is a risk that hernia sac contents have their blood supply cut off at the hernia opening in the abdominal wall. This could cause some troubles then and it might become the surgical emergency. Generally all the hernias
should be repaired, of course there are some exceptions as well. You should take a good care of what you are doing, so pay attention to avoid the activities that are making the pressure in the abdominal area. This would prevent hernia from increasing its size.
There are some types of hernia which doctors consider non-surgical and therefore these are just monitored by the specialists, who could recommend the use of the abdominal binders as well.
What is your hernia type? What has the doctor said? I am not the specialist and don’t know whether you will need the surgery or not, it is the best solution to consult your doc. I hope these info I gave are at least a bit helpful.