I have heard for so many different abdominal hernias, such as umbilical, femoral, incisional, and diaphragmatic hernia. I can realize there are different ways some problem is exposed, but problem with hernia I cannot understand. I would like to hear more about general hernia, what it means. How does this problem occur, and could it be dangerous? How is it treated, is surgical solution necessary, and could it require change in lifestyle?

Hernia is the protrusion of an organ or tissue out of the body cavity in which it lies at health men. By far the most common hernias develop in the abdomen, when a weakness in the abdominal wall evolves into a localized hole. This occurs as a defect, through which the protrusion or hernia occurs. Hernia may be present either with pain at the site, a visible or palpable lump, or by more vague symptoms. This could be result from pressure on an intra-abdominal organ, which has become stuck in the hernia. Fatty tissue usually enters a hernia first. However, it may be followed by or accompanied by a segment of intestine or other intra-abdominal organ. It is generally advisable to repair hernias in a timely fashion, in order to prevent complications. Some of hernia’s complications include intestinal blockage, gangrene, and death. Most hernias can be surgically repaired, and recovery rarely requires long-term changes in lifestyle.