I am interested to know about the light treatment for acne. I’ve heard that is very effective and I would like to know more about it. My daughter suffers from acne. She already tried some methods and I am against of her using too much chemistry on her face. In case this is the safe treatment I would approve to try it.

I’ve read this study about the light treatment. They evaluated the use of blue light and a mixed blue and red light (peaks at 415 and 660 nm) in the treatment of acne vulgaris. Over the hundred patients with mild to moderate acne vulgaris were randomized into four treatment groups. Comparative assessment between the three light sources was made in an observer-blinded fashion, but this could not be achieved for the use of benzoyl peroxide and after 12 weeks of active treatment a mean improvement of 76% in inflammatory lesions was achieved by the combined blue-red light phototherapy. This was significantly superior to that achieved by blue light, benzoyl peroxide or white light. So, they have found that phototherapy with mixed blue-red light, probably by combining antibacterial and anti-inflammatory action, is an effective means of treating acne vulgaris of mild to moderate severity, with no significant short-term adverse effects.