EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP I WILL HAVE MORE THAN A FEW WHITEHEADS AROUND MY NOSE AND ON THE SIDE OF MY FACE. THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR YEARS AND THE ONLY WAY I HAVE FOUGHT THEM IS BY SQUEEZING THEM, WHICH HAS NOW LEAD TO SCARS.

I REALLY WOULD APPRECIATE IF ANYONE CAN HELP FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET RID OF THESE SCARS.

ALSO IM NOW STARTING TO GET WHITEHEADS ALL AROUND MY FACE, AND NEED TO HOW TO STOP THEM BEFORE MY WHOLE FACE IS SCARRED!!!

Hi:

Whiteheads and blackheads are usually caused by bacteria the builds up on/under your skin. Some preventive measure might be to keep your face as oil-free as possible during the day. In addition, you could use an exfoliating cleanser. This is basically a mild abrasive that will remove the dead cells from your face. Regular, prescribed use of an exfoliating cleanser will help prevent the buildup and subsequent pimples. Squeezing is a no, no. The only result of that is scars and possible infection. You can also stop and remove the oil from your face during the day. You don't want to dry your skin out with too much washing, so perhaps during the day you could use a damp cloth. Finally, if the problem persists, you can see a dermatologist. There are a lot of effective solutions for acne today that did not exists even a few years ago. This is a solvable problem. A dermatologist would even be able to help you with the scarring. I have really bad acne as a teenager and today, you would never know it. I don't have any scars and I used to pick at my pimples too. You didn't mention your age, but I'm sure you know that acne is a normal part of the teenage years. don't let it get you down. Good luck.