My husband is acting very strange lately. For example when we walk down the street he is always looking behind like he expects to see someone. Or when he is driving he is always shift suddenly on the squares. Few times I have asked him what he is doing and he told me that he thinks that he is being followed. What is going on with him? How can I help?

Your husband probably has some serious problems. He needs immediate help. He has problems with some kind of mania of being followed. I am not sure how thats classified like obsessive compulsive disorder or something else but anyway he needs immediate medical attention. But be careful how you are going to tell him that he needs help. Maybe you should go to some consultation how to approach him.

I absolutely agree with brand!

My mother’s best friend was diagnosed with manic disorder and it started the similar way. At first she was obsessed with magic and she thought that someone has put some bad spell on her so she was visiting churches and some “in magic involved people” to try to get rid of it. Whole family was indulging to her because they all thought it is just temporarily thing. But then she started to think that they are poisoning her so she started to avoid eating and drinking.

When they took her to the hospital she was completely normal but they managed to prove that she is not fine so the doctor diagnosed mania. Now she is better when she is drinking her meds.

Hi I have a fear of being followed too. I'm also scared to deaf of bugs. I don't know what to do.

I have a fear of being followed, but more like being chased. I don't care who it is or if I know that I'm being chased. For example, my dog likes to play around and chase me (he's a tiny dog) but it freaks me out; I'll run and if he gets too close I will scream. It makes me very uncomfortable. It wasn't like that when I was younger, I could play tag without a problem, but now I can't be chased. It freaks me out and makes me uncomfortable.