I never got zits till recently and its driving me crazy!! I feel disgusting!! I wash my face with stuff for zits daily but it doesn't really seem to do anything other than dry my skin out. I feel so gross and unattractive. What causes them anyway? And how can I get rid of them?

Well, there's nothing that can be done to stop hormonal changes during puberty, and there's definitely nothing that can be done to change someone's hereditary misfortune, but there are ways to combat the plugged oil ducts that trigger acne breakouts. There are several over the counter acne treatments that can reduce oiliness. What you can do is avoid oil-based makeup, suntan oil and hair products, stress, squeezing or picking at blemishes, hard scrubbing of the skin.

What most people dont know is that most of acne is not caused by hormones alone. What happened is oil in your pores build up, filling the pore with puss. Because of everyday activities, bacteria, enters the pore and causes the white "puss" that makes up most of a pimple. There are a few ways to get rid if acne. One is to get rid of the puss by popping the pimple by squeezing it at the base. Do not scratch it or rub it. If you take some sort of acne preventing medicine, and yes acne is a medical thing, not only biological, you should get the medicine that you put on your face. Not the pills. I found that the pills will often bring a bad feeling in your stomach. A few times I barfed. But you need to pop the pimples, and try to eat and use less oily nag greasy things and foods.

Ah ! i had the same problem when i was 11 - 14 . i have bad bad zits huge too on my face , i felt exactly how you felt ! Your going throught puberty but how i got rid of it was by Proactive , that stuff does work! Promise me i went through that and my face is completely clear!