Hey I was just wondering but is it bad if I you pop acne or zits dat appear on your face? Cuz like I heard dat it can leave scars on your face. I didn't find that out till after I've popping my pimples a couple of times. I'm 13 so I knw its normal 4 me to hav acne , but is it bad if I continue 2 keep popping? because like I hate popping cuz : it hurts like butt , yucky stuff ooze out.
But I feel like I hav 2 pop it cuz : their not pretty ; and it feels like people stare at it ; and they hurt wen touched.
so yah .. wats really bad about popping pimples? will it leave scars , or anything? any help plz.!

It will scar much more if you pop them. You should look into seeing a doctor to get a prescription cream you can use to help - or try something over the counter like Proactive.

Actually it is only bad IF you use your fingers, there is an actual tool that has a wire at the end of a stick and you press gently on either side and it gently pushes down on the pore to pop the zit! Then as soon as you have popped it, put some Antisepetic lotion on it! Also start washing with a non scented non soap cleanser - such as Spectrogel, Physioderm or Teraseptic! Use a gently face exfolitor! This open the pores to make sure the pore doesn't block! And WELCOME to being a teenager! ;-) Also use a brush on your back - a shower brush, so you can clear the pores out on your back too!

Yeh, I know first hand that they can scar if you pop them. I'm not too bad though only a few remain, most faded with time.

If only I knew about that tool bambi :-(

Do NOT pop them. at least not with your bare hands/fingers. the scars tend to become permanent blemishes as you grow up.

Here is the recommended process for teenagers facing acne:

1. You should regularly (every other day) use a face scrub - St. Ives Apricot Scrub is one of the best ones. Clean n Clear stuff is decent as well. A face scrub will prevent accumulation of oily residues that lead to pimples. that 'yucky' stuff that oozes out when you pop a zit is your body's natural mucus - it is your body's defense against unidentified residues entering the body. so the mucus seals it up in a bubble that becomes a zit. if you pop it with fingers, you are contaminating the 'crime scene' which leads to permanent residues and eventually, scars & blemishes. a face scrub prevents residue, but dont do it everyday as it can lead to excessive dryness.

2. if you end up getting a pimple, wait for it to mature (become a whole pimple, not just a bump) - usually if you see a whitehead on a pimple, it is ready. wash your hands with anti-bacterial soap, take two q-tips or a sanitized blackhead/pimple remover and squeeze out the pimple. clean/wipe it with the q-tips.

3. MOST IMPT PART - now that you have cleaned it up, you cannot leave that hole just like that - its a hole in your skin and bacteria in the air can easily enter it and contaminate it. you need to put an anti-septic on it. One of the best one out there is - Betadine. Put it on a q-tip and apply an ample amount on the hole, other pimples, to-be pimples etc.

4. Wash your hands with anti-bacterial soap again.

it is recommended that you pop the in the night time so that when you apply betadine, you can just go to sleep with it on - and wash it off the next morning.

Betadine can also be used on other cuts, bruises etc as an antiseptic.

all the products mentioned can be easily found at your local drugstore/pharmacy. prescriptions are not needed.

The reason for the scarring is when you use your fingers - and they aren't usually washed - you push on either side, pushing up blood and forcing the puss to accumulate and then BLOW with blood in it! Creating a bigger hole! And as humans we don't just leave it like that, we keep pressing till we don't see anymore blood! So you need to get the zit/blackhead tool! It is like a hooped wire, that the loop just goes around the pore! This way creating less of a hole! and more pressure! They sell them at Sephora, Boots, Shoppers Drug Mart! All drug stores! The big thing is to use astringent after!

Thanks bambi I'll look out for it. Just out of interest how does it work on blackheads? I find they need a lot of force, maybe I'm doing it wrong %-)