hey im new to this site but ermm im lookin for advice on dieting. im 5 ft 3 and around 10stone, im trying to lose a few stone, and started a new diet 2 weeks ago. ive been eating as little as i can each day, trying to stick to under 500 calories. but recently read that my body will go into 'starvation mode' by eating this little and my body will store the fat, or i will put on weight in the future. But how do anorexics lose so much weight then? does anybody have any tips or advice on losing the weight quicker? thanks xxxxxx

Hey,
Im about the same height as you but instead weight 11 and a half stones. Im also trying to loose weight and so far havnet been sucseeding but i did loose the half stone. Really what i think helped me loose that weight was i cut down on portions of food. I ate the same foods but cut down on how much i ate, i drank water when i felt i was hungry and as a matter of fact finding out i wasnt really hungry i was just thirsty. Eat breakfast lunch and dinner and TRY not to eat junk food like sweets, crisps and cakes etc ... try limit them as a treat only.

Hope that helped as it was only a few tips :-)

And another thing ... you shouldnt really be only eating 500 calories women should eat up to 2000 calories a day. Men eat up to 2500 calories a day.

I think anorexics loose weight so quick because their metabolisms are so low that they just burn fat as soon as they eat something. They also dont eat enough and so are not getting enough nutrients.

I know how much it means to want to loose weight just do it the safe way :-)

thanks so much, its nice to speak to sumone who understands :-)