Hey there! I’ve started running recently and I’m still a rookie. I used to run occasionally earlier but it never became a constant activity. Then I wore running shoes that I liked. I didn’t know that there was a difference among running shoes. This time I wanted to learn something more about running and I found out that shoe knowledge is important. Tell me why is that so?

It’s actually very important. If you choose wrong shoes, not only running can be ineffective but also you can injure your feet. For example, a proper running shoe should be suitable for your foot type. You know whether you have flat feet, or high arches and choose your running shoes according to that. Running shoes are designed to correct feet motion, because there are three types of pronation, which means the way your foot hits the ground, and they’re overpronation, underpronation and neutral pronation. If you’re overpronator you should buy running shoes which can correct it. If you buy inappropriate shoes you’ll feel uncomfortable while you’re running and you’ll have pain in your feet. Sometimes it can even lead to injury.