I will ask you straight away. How do I teach my child to be more independent? He is 6 years old and he is starting school soon. I just want to prepare him for what awaits him there. New environment, new faces, both young and adult and obligations he never had before. How can I help him?

Well, you just said that he will have obligations, schoolwork and of course, homework. It is questionable if any duties you give him now, will be effective. Perhaps it would be for the best to give him some time, to let him adjust to school. Adjusting to a new way of life could be very tough, at least for a little kid. Through assignments, he has to accomplish at school, he will start to develop a sense of duty. After that, you can try giving him small house chores, but do mind, nothing stressful and time consuming.