Hello everyone. Yesterday, it was my birthday. All my friends do know how I am crazy about dogs, cats, and pets generally. So, for my birthday, they gave me a puppy. It is boxer dog, and he is so cute. He is only one month old, and he is so sweet. Now, I know that BARF diet is good and I feed my dogs with this already, but they are older. My main concern is that I don’t know can I feed my puppies according to the BARF diet? Is it safe to start now, when he is really small? That is something that I don’t have experience with. 

I would suggest starting your puppy on a diet with raw foods from the age of two months, although I was told by a colleague it is perfectly fine and safe to start them at 6 weeks. I only chose two months as a starting age because that’s the age my dog was at when I started him on it! He loved it immediately, and still does to this day. If you are really concerned then you know, as you currently feed your older dogs on this diet, that you can wait a while and then introduce your puppy to the BARF diet when you feel it is time, but from my own personal experience I can tell you that it is absolutely fine.

Hey if you don’t know how to deal with BARF diet, than don’t do this now without consulting someone who knows what is he doing. I started when my dog was really young, but he had like two months. That is that age when you can start. I just remember how happy he was when he was eating chicken, eggs with some goat milk. I don’t know if your dog was raised on raw food or not, but in any case, that can be rally tricky and difficult. You should always consult people who give the raw food to their dogs. That is the best option, or read. 

Of course that you can, but not now. You will have to wait a little bit, before you start give him foods and prepare meals according to BARF diet program. When you see them growing, you have that need to feed them right, to discover modern diet programs, that are healthy. So, BARF diet program is evolutionary puppy diet. This diet program has everything that your puppy needs. Wait two weeks more, and you will see his behavior when you try to give him something that is from this diet program. But, I am sure that your dog will react just fine :)

Not only that you can, but I would suggest that you should. A perfectly healthy diet plan for our pets, such is BARF diet is something we should teach them from their youngest days, it's for their own good. And plus, it's easier for you, because later, as we all know your lovely dog can struggle to adjust to new kind of food if he/she is already used to eat some specific food.So, for a start I would suggest milk and not too heavy food, but later you can add small portions of raw meat, all cut nicely to ease chewing for them. :)

Aww, nooo, they are so small and weak for that kind of food. I don't know, I believe it is a great diet plan and everything, but shouldn't they grow up a little and become strong enough to take raw meat on a regular basis?Somebody wrote like two months, and I agree completely, that's a minimum when anybody should start with this program on their pets. Even older would be perfectly fine. And about their adjusting to it, you don't have to worry. Many much older dogs started with it for a first time and adjusted perfectly. So, don't be bothered about that while they are puppies, let them enjoy ^^

BARF diet has my full support. I cannot recommend it enough to the dog owners.

Although experts recommend to start feeding puppies raw when they are 6-8 weeks old, I have waited until my corgi was 3 months old. That’s why I recommend you to go to the vet and ask him or her for an opinion.

Your puppy will experience many benefits of BARF diet over time, such as cleaner teeth and healthier gums, better immune system, GI benefits and many other good things.

Just be careful to buy raw food from secure sellers to prevent any unexpected problems like salmonella. 

I totally agree with that post, where they say that the puppy is really young for this. Wait, nothing costs you to wait a few weeks, until you start with this process. Your puppy is not capable to eat this way, because he is still very young. I agree that this is totally balanced diet program, but it is too early for him. First, you need to learn as much as you can about this diet program, because you can’t be unprepared for this. You should learn your puppy to eat like this in his young days, but not now…Early, trust me.

Is there anyone who was feeding his puppy according to the BARF diet program in the first three weeks? 

Hello all.
First of all, I agree that BARF diet is great for dogs. There is no doubt there. I have 2 dogs and I am feeding them according to this diet. All the vets that I know recommended me this way of feeding dogs.
At the other hand, I think puppies shouldn’t be fed like this. As you may know, raw food is very hard to digest so I don’t recommend it to puppies. If I were you, I would start with BARF on my dog’s first birthday. He will be ready for that kind of food by then, so you will be able to feed him with some delicious raw food meals. :)

Hello once again.

I’ve researched a little bit about this topic and found out that many experts recommend feeding boxers raw. But they also said that boxers have special needs because of their tendencies to be borderline anemic or have some issues connected with anemia.

In order to prevent that, you need to feed your dog a greater percentage of organ and red meat, along with veggie mix (in approximately same amount).

Some of the foods they recommend are: chicken and turkey backs, whole fish, beef knuckle bones, organ beef (liver, spleen, heart, kidney), organ pork and organ chicken and mix of green/red lettuce, kale, spinach, pears, bananas, apples, carrots and sweet potatoes.