I want to start cycling. I have a friend who has been doing it for several years. He has been persuading me to join him. It appears to have everything I want so I want to give it a try. I don’t know much about it so I would appreciate some good cycling tips.

Congratulations. Welcome aboard. You will be in a good company. There are many cycling associations and they organize meetings, races, they socialize and cycle together. Well to start racing you have to buy a good bike. You have to choose the right kind of bike first. Have your friend come with you and help you pick up a good model. He can also help you buy additional equipment and gear. My advice would be: start slowly. Don’t try to do what your friend is doing. Remember, Rome wasn’t built in a day. Increase your distance or speed gradually. In some time you will be able to cycle with your buddy easily.