My son is 8 years old and I think it’s the right time to start with a sports activity. I’d like him to take up running and we’ll see if he likes it. That’s why I need to know about good kids’ running programs, because I think that if they’re properly introduced the chances for kids to continue with running are greater. Do you know anything about those programs?

It’s of vital importance to introduce a child into the world of running and exercising properly. At first it should be only fun, because if you want him to do everything properly and if you want results instantly, that can cause resistance and a talented child with great potentials can abandon running because of the inappropriate attitude. There are various programs that are good. My suggestion is to start with cross country running, because it is more dynamic and interesting and children love nature so running through picturesque scenery can be fun and they won’t even notice they’re exercising. Choose a program with 3 training sessions per week. After that, you’ll see how your kid responds to running and if it’s ok sigh him up for a more serious training with more responsibilities and discipline.