Do you think that cycling is the most intense sports activity? I think that it is. Maybe I don’t have the right to say it because I’m only an amateur but I really think it’s a very exhausting sport and it requires you to be fully dedicated. Even recreational cyclist like me must be very devoted. Otherwise there are no results. What is your opinion?

Um, I agree with you, but I must state that there are more demanding sports which are all about endurance. For example, running a marathon is, in my opinion, the most intense and demanding test of human endurance. Imagine running for 40 kilometers non stop. That’s really something. I don’t mean to diminish cycling and to say that it’s easy and a piece of cake but I just think that there are other sports which really take up every atom of your strength. I also think that triathlon is a bit more intense than cycling, because it’s so hard to change three different sports for such a short time. Actually, each sport requires devotion and it’s only a matter of preference.

I'll start off by stating that it is my belief that you cannot compare sports. They differ in what, why, and how they are difficult. I have competed primarily in running, rowing, and cycling, but also have done several other sports. I've put myself through a hell of a lot of pain running, rowing, and cycling. The difficulty/intensity of a sport is more dependent on how hard you make it for yourself not the sport itself.
I will say I pushed harder in rowing and punished myself more in rowing than anything else so for me rowing tops all other activity. But as I said it is my belief that it is how hard you make it. To be at the top of any sport requires an intensity to the point of obsession, thus cycling is not the most intense...but neither is anything else.