Hi. I have some health problems. It all started lately. I have been healthy my entire life, my biggest health problem till now was when I catch a cold, but even that was happening almost never. That is why I now have a hard time dealing with what I have done with my body and more importantly with my organism.

I’ve been suggested to try Cortisol diet. Have you ever heard about it? I have no idea what that is, but I’ve been told it will help me. Apparently beneficial effects of this diet are numerous.

Do you know how does this diet work for weight loss?

Hi there.

I don’t know much about this diet but I can tell you how does it work. You can figure that out by your own only by paying attention to its name.

You have probably already heard about Cortisol. This is a stress hormone and it is the main stress hormone in our body. What does this mean? Well, it helps our body to deal with stressful situations (for example when we are found in a life threatening situation).

Researches have shown that stress affects obesity in a bad way. So, we don’t need high cortisol level if we want to lose weight. This is where this diet is important. It helps us to reduce our cortisol level and therefore it gives us an opportunity to lose weight.

BlueRanger is right. This diet can help you to lose weight by reducing stress hormone – Cortisol. Originally, this hormone should help you when you find yourself in a dangerous situation. It starts the well known reaction called “fight or flight” when you are deciding either to fight against the danger or to run for your life. :)

The thing is, human body is not made to deal with prolonged, continuous periods of stress but with short ones . Prolonged periods of stress cause the body's cortisol level to rise, and that has been associated with obesity, diabetes and all sorts of eating disorders.

So, to cut the long story short, this diet requires eating foods that will lower your cortisol level and that is the mechanism which helps you in losing weight.