Hello. My sister has problems with obesity for a few years now. She is really depressed, and she has this habit of eating a lot more when she is depressed. She has never been fat, she had 5-10 extra pounds top. But then after she finished high school she went through a bad break up. Her ex boyfriend went to live in Canada and he said that he is not interested in a long distance relationship. That affected her in a bad way, she started overeating, one thing led to another… and now she has about 50 extra pounds. Last week she decided to try a diet plan called 90/10 diet. Do you know anything about this? Is this plan effective, does it work for weight loss?

Hello there. :) I’ve never tried it but I heard it’s good, a friend of my mom’s tried it. The main reason that I never tried it is because it promotes a lot of exercising. And I am not really a fan of exercising. I have some problems with constant fatigue, I am chronically exhausted. It is probably in my head, but still, I can’t help it.

This diet really emphasizes the exercising, more than any diet plan I ever heard of before.

Besides that, I read about it, I love it.  I really think that it will work for you well.

Yes it works. My friend from high school lost 50 pounds with it. And in a relatively short period of time.

It is really important that you exercise.  This diet is invented by a dietitian Joy Bauer. She says that after years spent developing nutritional plans, she discovered that there is no magical diet that will help us lose pounds over night without any effort. The key to lose weight is to sensibly cut down calories.

The title of the diet has ‘’90’’ in it, which stands for "90 percent sensible choice" and it also has "10" that stands for "10 percent fun food choices". This gives the diet some flexibility so it is easier to follow it.

I really believe this diet is effective. 

I don’t know. I think that this plan may not be good for everyone. My girlfriend needed to lose weight before this basketball game she was playing in. It was very important for her since her weight really affects the way she moves, and her speed.

She decided to try this program and she followed it strictly. No need to talk about exercising since she exercises a lot even when she is not on a diet. Sadly for her, she lost only a couple of pounds, which wasn’t enough to make a difference, or at least a big one. This is why I don’t believe in the effectiveness of this diet.