I was circumcised 2 months back and now the skin starts just behind the glans. It is stuck there, it won't go back any further than maybe half a centimeter behind the corona. I was never really told what exactly they did to me (of course I knew I was getting circumcised) and I do blame them for that because it left me with a lot of uncertainties after the operation. I hope someone can offer me some rectification.

Thanks.

Hi Anonymousz,

There is no specific answer to how far it will go back.  Everybody is different.  No two circumcisions are alike either.  That it is behind your glans is normal. 

Hope it helps.

If you were circumcised there should be no skin left to go back because they cut it off. Apparently they didn't tell you much about what they were going to do or ask you what you wanted done. There are several options available for circumcision. Loose means they leave some of the skin so it may bunch up behind the glans a little bit and you can pull it back a bit. Tight sounds like what they did for you where there is little or no skin that you can move. Low means the scar is near your head so the shaft skin looks exactly like what you always had and high means they put the scar way up your shaft near your body so the skin on your shaft is what was the inner side of your foreskin and looks like it used to when you pulled your foreskin all the way back. From what you said I think they did yours low and sort of tight. It's too bad they didn't discuss this with you so you could choose for yourself but I think most doctors just do it the way they have always done it and they feel that is what you are supposed to get because that's the way THEY do it.

Was there a reason for doing it and did it fix the problem for you?

After writing my reply I searched the net looking for examples of the different styles I mentioned and came across a style or method I had never heard of. It was on a cosmetic surgery site and the doctor does it without leaving any scar on the penis itself. You end up with what amounts to pulling the foreskin all the way back to expose the head and stretch the inner foreskin down the shaft as far as it will go. This is done without the frenulum in the way so if it is there it has to be removed first.

First you pull your foreskin all the way back and mark it with a circle at the base next to your abdomen then slide it forward and mark another circle at the base with the foreskin forward in it's normal position. Then he cuts around both of those marks and removes that sleeve of skin and sews the two sections together. That results in a penis with no circumcision scar as we know it. The only scar is at the base in the fold of skin next to the abdomen and the penis is basically the same as having a fully retracted foreskin with all the inner foreskin covering the shaft. Very nice looking with no visible scar and all the penis skin is intact. Looks like you were born without a foreskin.

I had a very very bad case of phimosis and yes it certainly did fix it. I do indeed take some offense in the fact that they informed me so poorly. I've been searching the internet for the past few days and just like you and some other people have said, it's probably supposed to be like this. I'll go to the gp when I experience any trouble which so far I have not. Thanks a lot!