hey i have only just got on to the pill i have been on it for 5 days now but on the 3rd day my boyfriend and i had sex without a condom and he cummed inside of me is there any chance of getting pregnant xx

would help loads if i could have your advice

thanks serena x

i'm 18 and i was on birth control for about a week and a half to two weeks when i had sex. we used a condom but now when i'm taking the placebo pills for two days my period hasn't started. could that be from stress or my body reacting to the pills?

So birth control if taken for the first time can only be fully effective the day after your period? So if I started one week after my period its not 100 percent guaraneteed to work?

I took the pill Thursday right after my period (as diricted by my doctor to make my periods regular) I had sex Friday my gyno said I can have sex right after and I wont get pregnant but im a little worried because other people are saying a month or at least a week. Im scared...What should I do? Should I go and get the Plane B before its too late? This is my first time taking the pill and im freakin out!!!!!

I just started birth control yesterday on the first day of my period so me and my boyfriend want to try without a condom so will the precum knock me up like a week from now?

i had an abortion and it was the best decision i ever made. if i had brought a child into the world at that time in my life it would have been the worst thing for the child and me... accidents happen and roe v. wade happened to help us deal with them. what is worst an abortion or bringing a child into the world when you aren't prepared to raise it. if you ever doubt that you couldn't raise a child, then don't feel bad about an abortion. i am not heartless - i am a realist and feel that sometimes an abortion is the more humane answer. my soul was not ripped out. i had a headache and was back on my feet the next day. don't listen to this prehistoric pro-life flop... do what is right for you and just know that if abortion is right for you- it's legal for a reason because it is your choice.

What if you start on the second last day of your period?

I ***edited by moderator*** ** inappropriate posting**
Please read our Terms of Use
my girlfriend the second she took it and busted a huge nut in her and she didnt get pregnant.

So if you started ur period on a sunday and started the pill on that sunday you dont have to use back up protection? because i was told you still need to wait a month.

Okay so I have an urgent question.. I started BirthControl on February 6th which was last month. That was the Sunday after I got my period but I was still sort of on it... Just this past Friday (March. 11) my boyfriend and I had un-protected sex and he ejaculated inside me. I am still on the pill and have been for a month or so. Is it possible that I could be pregnant??? %-)

i had my period on the 18th this month and it ended about 5 days ago... if i was to start taking my birth control pills now, how long would it take for it to start working?

if i took my birth control 26 hours after i got my period will i be in trouble?

I feel the same way and completely agree. I just went through the same situation.  If you are smart, you will wait for the right time in your life that if you were to become pregnant, you would be emotionally and sufficiently ready to have a child with a partner that would fully be there 100%.  Because I chose to have sex before I was mature to handle the possible consequences, I suffer through depression every day wondering what if...

I was wondering when to expect my period after starting to take birth control? i started using it in April the sunday after my period and im on the non active pills right now... ive taken 3 so far and i still havent gotten my period. Is that normal? Should i be freaking out? Im nervous because im confused on when my period is supposed to be coming..i feel like it should be here any day but what if i finish the week of non active pills and its still NOT here? Does that mean im pregnant? Or does birth control delay your period . im confused. please help. 

Hi everyone, 
I recently started taking birth control again after a hiatus of about two years. My period began Wednesday and ended on Sunday, on that Sunday I started the pill. Today is Monday where I am at, and I had unprotected sex in which my husband ejaculated inside of me. Well, the main question is...Am i at a higher risk of getting pregnant, or has the pill taken full effect?