You need to wait at least five days before using it as your primary method of birth control. In the meantime, you should use condoms or another birth control method.

My period was over 2 wks ago.I just started taking the bc pill ..How long do I have to wait without him wearing a condom too?

if you fear you might be pregnant or if he came in you, you can take the day after pill which will kick start your period. go to the open clinic an tell them what happend they should know how to help you afterwards.

What if you just started taking the birth control and the second week of taking them you notice spotting consistently for a week or more?

Can you have an accurate pregnancy test reading while on birthcontrol?

nobody asked about your baby problems. sorry

Hi I just felt like I had to say.. I got an abortion.. although it was painful emotionally and physically i cannot say that it was a mistake in anyway, it was difficult for 2 weeks and then i realised that there was no way i could be selfish enough to bring a child into this world semi prepared.. there is a lack in important resources today like water and to create another life when not truly ready just because you cant take a few years of guilt or something just isnt quite right
also, it doesnt have to be so painful, you just have to talk to that soul, apologise and tell it that its not the right time and place for it and it should come back later.. it'll really set you free
abortion can be painful but it can also be an eye opening and responsible choice

everyone keeps saying how you'll be ok if you started on the first sunday after your period. i started my pack exactly a week after my period ended, which was 5 days after the first sunday. i've been having sex without a condom and my most recent time was on the first of april. i was supposed to get my period april 5th, but i still haven't got it. there has been very little blood when i wipe, or sometimes none at all. im freaking out, because i dont want to be pregnant, im really scared. i have till the 11th until i start my new pack. 

im in the same situation right now. im 16 and i just started birth control last month. i had unprotected sex on april 1st and i started my sugar pills on friday 5th, its been two days and i still havent gotten my period! im really freaking out! can you please tell me what happened?

See a gynecologist.

Killing a fetus isn't murder. What's murder is blowing up abortion clinics, f*****g crazy ass pro lifers.

Its not true the birthcontrol pill takes a month to be affective. Ask any doctor.

You can see a local clinic practitioner and usually get a packet of birth control for either 20-25$ or free depending on if you have insurance or not, they will then explain when to start and all of the rules of birth control. I personally and on low ogesteral and it has been great so far, bcontrol is a wonderful thing and while I would still suggest using condoms with it it will definitely help lower your chance of pregnancy and cam your nerves about a possible pregnancy.

Me and my partner had sex with condom but we notcied its ripped, we bought a pill afterwards, does it effect anything?

WRONG!!!!! The pills you take durning your period are PLACEBOS. Thus if you start taking them ON the start of your period they are SUGAR PILLS, so you ARE NOT protected!!!! HELL, I'm a MAN and I know better!!!

Birth control starts to show it's effects very soon. But it's effectiveness can be measured in percentages. Say your doctor tells you it is effective following 7 days. By 7 days you would have reached that 99%. But in reality, you reached it sooner, because just to make sure, the drug manufacturers will add a day or two as a safety net. So I would say, it is about 99% effective within 5-6 days. And any days sooner then  that is a certain percentage approaching 99%. Go on google images and look up "drug efficacy graph".  Think of that graph as representing drug efficiency vs time in days. If you choose to have sex before the recommended day, then your just really playing a game of odds, if the day falls near the recommended day, than more then likely you will be safe.