hi, 
      i am a virgin and i just got on birth control monday....when exactly can i have sex?i mean can i still have sex now if i use a condom?will i get pregnant?my fiance and i are ready to have sex and he isnt a virgin but he isnt pressuring me.i want to have sex with him..when u get this please write me back to my questions..thank you
catrina

Catrina,

Use a back up method with your partner until you have been on the pill for one month. I understand that your fiance and yourself are ready to have sex, but it is important that you understand that his prior sexual activity puts you at risk for STDs HIV and even AIDS, EVEN IF HE DOESNT THINK/KNOW SO. It doesn't take much time to get tested, in some places its free as well. I'm sure you are old enough to make the decisions for yourself. Be smart:) 

ive been on giviani birth control for almost a month now, im on the last row of pills. Me & my boyfriend have been sexually active alot latley. The last few times 3/6 condoms have broke. Its only once that im actually worried about. Before i started taking givani, i ws taking a different pill but i didnt take it every day like i should have been. But since i started being active i take it around the same time each and every day. My boyfriend said he promised i had nothing to worry about on the last one that broke at the tip because he didnt do anything. So im asking, should i wait and see if my period starts, and if it dont should i see my doctor and/or go get a preg. test?

Hi there. I started birthcontrol today and me and my boyfriend had sex, he hit his climax point and pulled out but some of it landed on my vagina. I want to know if I'm still safe? Were frecking out about this please let me know ASAP. Thanks.

so if u have taken the pill for the 1st month then come off as soon as u take the next pac u are fully protected

Icebreaker wrote:

so i was wondering, everyone says that it is effective after one week of starting birthcontrol. is that for every set of pills or just your first set ?

I can't really give great advice because I believe that every womans' body chemistry is different... but as for myself, I had started the pill when I was 15... and I was told that you needed to wait a month before it was fully effective... but many times I had missed pills and took them at all different times of the day... and but can't take more then 2 pills at a time when you miss pills.. but main point of my thing is that for like 7 or 8 years of that I was just fine... had absolutely no problem up until about December of '09 when I quit them all together.. and got pregnant a few months later... like I said.. don't quote me because that was MY experience with the pill.. And those of you that are unaware... Antibiotics are said to counteract the birth control.. so if you do have to be on antibiotics at any time... it is best not to mess around with it.. be safe and use alternate form of protection for a while afterwards when you stop taking antibiotics.

What if I started taking my birth control on a random day? I didnt wait for the Sunday after my period.

Okay this is probably a weird question but I'm a guy and I have no idea how any of this works so assistance would be appreciated. My girlfriend has been on the pill as of today and we're planning on having sex this coming Sunday. I have and plan on using protection but my question was if the pill gets any more effective over time or if it's just off -> on like a light switch (I'm bad at analogies, sue me). We want to make sure we're as protected as possible and we're paranoid that the condom might break or something so I'm just curious as to whether or not the pill is something we can fall back on even though she'll have been on it for only 48 hours.

Oh and to my knowledge her period won't be coming around any time soon. But then again she never tells me. Just kinda happens and hits me like a freight train.

Thanks in advance.

I had sex, than took my pill than had unprotected sex. am i still protected?

I had sex than the condom broke, so i took my pill than had unprotected sex. am i still protected?

A month after you take the pill.

why don't you just ask your doctor?

Hey, ive only just started using birth control pills, ive used the 21days of the hormone pill and im on my third day of my pill free week, my period hasnt come yet. Should i be worried?

What if I start taking the pills 7 days after my period ends and i forget to take one and continue the following day, now i've been taking them for 9 straight days. Thanks