Hi, I decided to quit smoking but I would really like to know how long after quitting will my bloodstream be nicotine free. How long does nicotine stay in the bloodstream?

You should know that nicotine is a very unstable drug. Nicotine is broken down about 97 different metabolites, the most stable of which is cotinine, which stays in the body for 2 to 4 days. Many factors affect these figures, like: the strength of the tobacco, the amount of cigarettes you smoked, how long breaks you make between cigarettes, individual tolerance and consumption of other drugs. General factors like sex, age, liver state, overall health and well-being needs to be taken into account like with any other health issue. So, all these variables interact with each other and effect every individual. Accurate defining of elimination time of nicotine fro the body is hard to estimate.