I like to ride a bike. But I am having a problem. One thing that is happening to me often is to have a crank arm just falling Off the bike. It ruins my day. I fixed (thought that I had fixed) the problem. A few days later I was riding my bike. I was riding it with joy, the weather was nice, everything seemed perfect....and then, the darn thing fell off again! Of course these things always seem to happen in the middle of nowhere without any handy tools at hand. Since I didnt want to Pedal with one leg I had to walk and push the bike home.

You have to tighten the nut attaching the crank arms to the axle at least once a year (twice is recommended). This can be done with a 14mm socket ratchet wrench. If your crank arm just keeps on falling off, even after you've turned red from the effort to tighten that nut, you have got a problem. When the crank arm is loose and you pedal with it, you damage the four corners of its socket that rest in the axle. This damage causes the crank arm to wiggle enough to unscrew the nut little by little until it just falls off again. There is no other choice but to replace it