Hi, I want to know how much blood there is when your hymen is broken. Is it as bad as a period? Much appreciated if someone replies.

Hi Isabelle,

There is no one answer.

You may not bleed at all.  You might bleed slightly or you might bleed heavily.  It depends upon if it was intact to begin with and it can break just from normal activities.  It may also not tear completely.

Just be prepared but if you don't bleed, don't worry.

Hope it helps.

It just depends on the person. The first time my best friend had sex, she said she bled enough to cover a pad. But when I had sex for the first time, I didn't bleed a single drop & to be completely honest, it didn't hurt either. I was in gymnastics for about 10 years though, so my hymen probably already broke without me even knowing.

I have bleed so much. And now I'm not sure if it's a period or not because I have off periods. And I can't talk to my mom about this/: I guess what I'm trying to ask is if it happens over a period of days

Hi Faylene,

You can bleed over several days although it usually becomes less each day. Heavy activities can make it worsen.

If you are bleeding very heavily though, or feel lightheaded or dizzy, see your doctor.

That will be hard for me because I can't tell my mom. I'm only 14 and she'd kill me

Well honey, it depends how lubricated you are. I bled a bit, and my boyfriend notice me I had been bleeding. And yes it did hurt for me, as I said, use lubrication so you don't get tearing on the walls. But yeah there can be a bit of blood but not like a period :) xx

When I was having 1 time sex with ma wife..I had sex means a 1 cm insertion of ma penis..bcoz it was paining to her..she bleeds a 2 drop blood..and 2 day also I had sex means it jus insertion of 2 cm of my penis and starting only it' was with blood on ma penis..and she had a few means 3 or 4 drops of bleeding..I jus wanted to ask is tht I had break her hymen.. ? Is tht she was virgin at tht time..?

I had 1 st sex with ma partners and she started bleeding not in drops but a little blood tht makes my penis wet..so I wanted to ask is that how much the girl should bleed at her 1 sex..? And it's compulsory tht she should bleed like flow..means heavily. ?

i had sex more than 10x before mine broke! it bled enough we thought my period started. i’m a little sore but it’s healed over already after 24 hours

Hello bro Reply me

What if you bleed a little but didn't fully have sex stopping your partner from getting more in

I can understand you with your mom situation I'm facing one of my own with mine only mines a bit psychotic. I had used the wrong sized tampon for the first and bleed a little and told my mom and she accused me of having sex.best thing is to tell someone who can help you

Same thing happened to me am i still virgin or not