I started on a diet last week - it is a low carb type diet that should have me losing weight really fast. I have been feeling extremely grumpy and have wanted to cheat and eat numerous times. In fact, I kid you not when I say that I literally think about food - fatty, unhealthy foods especially - all the time, without pause. I think I am losing my motivation to diet! What can I do to not lose motivation and stick with my diet?

If you are having so many cravings, throughout the day, then perhaps your body is trying to tell you that you are on the wrong diet. Some cravings are normal when you just start a diet, and mood changes are fairly common as well, but what you describe is extreme and I think you should listen to your body. Perhaps low carb diets are not for you. Look into a diet that helps you balance nutrition perfectly, such as the zone or fat loss for idiots.