I have some nasty pimples on my forehead and in the folds of my nose at the moment. I'm not sure why, beyond that I had a bad case of the flu lately and just haven't had the time to devote to proper nutrition and exercise to boot. My health has taken a beating and my skin is showing it.

But I don't want it too!

I actually have a job interview coming up and I want to look healthy and glowing for it, to make that perfect first impression that matters so much! Please tell me, can I really hide pimples 100%? I'm going for the "no pimple" look, not the "got something to hide but you can still see it anyway" look.

TIA

Hi!

I'm not sure about exactly 100%, but you can hide your pimples with makeup pretty well, definitely so that people don't see them from a distance or in photos. You have to start with an oil free moisturizer, then a primer, and then what I like to do is use a heavy duty concealer in the same shade as the rest of my skin. Set that, then apply foundation, with a Beauty Blender if possible. Pat your foundation onto your skin, don't rub, because your concealer will then come off. Use a setting spray afterwards.

Mind you, by letting your pimples breathe as much as possible, and not clogging your pores with lots of makeup, your pimples will probably be gone sooner. But sometimes you need to look tip top, and the good news is that you can.

Thanks! So setting it multiple times after each layer of "hiding agent" (foundation and concealer) is the key to success here? The other option I have is of course to get someone to do my makeup professionally. This interview is important enough for me to do something like that. At the same time I'd love to do this myself, properly, because I do get pimples before my period quite regularly so I could use this trick pretty much every month. In my experience it is better with makeup but not completely gone, and I am irked I can't get the look right.

Well, 100 percent is a lot to ask for! It would be possible with some types of pimples, not others. The ones that have structure, like little volcanoes, you can't hide 100 percent because that relief will be visible from some angle or another, but at the same time, who will look at your face that closely? Then, the ones that you've scratched slightly and that contain scabs, well, those will show up as well, even beneath your foundation. They are probably hardest to hide best.

Pimples are pretty normal though and I honestly doubt anyone will actually see them if you do a good job with your makeup, or won't care if they do see them. One pimple or even a few don't stop you from looking healthy and energetic.

Celebrity
I have tried, and I have personally found that it is not possible for ME to hide pimples entirely. Yes, a good dose of concealer and foundation goes a very, very long way, but look closely, and let's not kid ourselves here: you can still see them. They do reach the point of being not in your face and pretty acceptable though, which means something as well.

I am sure there are better techniques. I never use primer or setter. I tend to stick to organic and cruelty free brands. I just don't know that much about primer and that stuff. But still, hiding pimples almost entirely is better than not hiding them at all if you don't want others to see them.

Rosie

Getting rid of pimples visually, completely, oh wouldn't that be a joy? As an acne patient all these pimples have been really causing a kind of heaviness on me in my life. People looking and staring at me and I have the feeling they''re going "yuck, that's disgusting", though I don't know that for sure of course. I have really felt unhappy with this situation and my self worth more or less went down the drain completely. I have definitely tried to cover it with makeup because there is so many though and they aren't flat, it seems to be totally a losing battle. If somebody has found a solution I would love to hear. Basically though, I think the answer lies with accutane, antibiotics, and not makeup. But if makeup could help that would be awesome. I do get the feeling that makeup only makes the pimples worse. Even the ones that say they don't clog the pores.

Little pimples? Sure. I can do that easily with concealer, foundation and a setting spray. No issues at all.

Full blown acne in all areas of the face? That's harder. It is not impossible though. There are a ton of YouTubers who explain how to do this for every single skin type, with 100% awesome results. So if this is you, look there and look for olive skin tone, black skin, pale skin, whatever type you have, and they'll even tell you which products they are using. It seems to take an awful long time though and might not be something you want to do every single day.

100%. That's like totally and completely.

Nope. Can't be done.

You can hide pimples with makeup so that they're undetectable to the eyes of most people who aren't looking for pimples, but 100%? No. I can't, and I don't think even the best makeup artist can, with only makeup and nothing else. There's texture involved and perhaps even oozing fluids. No.

100%? Photoshop will do it for you.

You can sort of mask your pimples, but if they are very big, with that white "cherry on the top" type thing going on, then it doesn't really look any better if you add loads of makeup. You will look like you have a white rather than red volcano on your face, and the greasiness of it will stand out like a shining beacon no matter how much loose powder to pile on top of the concealer. I suggest a different approach. If it is on your forehead, hide it with hair or a hat. If it is elsewhere, go as plain as possible to avoid drawing more attention to your pimple.

I use a color corrector by "Physicians Formula" I highly recommend it . Its a bit pricey but I think its worth it. First it effectively hides blemishes by making them blend in with your skin tone. Comes in different skin tones so you can pick the one closest to your skin color. Its three cosmetics in one. Its a powder. Its a concealer and its a 30spf sun screen. Plus its small enough to fit in a small purse and it includes a mirror. I am not an employee of this company.

Yeah you can. Hide pretty much anything 100 per cent with makeup, that is, anything that doesn't involve great big gaping open wounds, LOL! They make people look really old not just in movies but for youtube videos and everything... if you can do that, hiding a pimple is simple. One trick I saw about hiding tattoos was to apply a dark orange eyeshadow, then hairspray, then concealer, then more hairspray, more concealer, etc. It looked 100 per cent believeable. Yeah, should be able to do the same for pimples. They might get worse underneath but you can do it if you got something important going on...

I bought this product from a local drug store for about $12.00 plus tax. Its well worth it imo