Hi, I would like start working on my body. Over the years I haven't been paying much attention to my appearance. Now I realize that I made a huge mistake. I would like to do something about it. Weight lifting is a type of workout that I am interested in. I would like to know what weight lifting does to muscles. Can it help me to strengthen my muscles?

Hi, weight lifting is a common term for weight training. It is a form of strength training where your muscles work to fight the resistance of weight machines. During the workout the exercises are focused on individual muscle groups. For good results it is imperative that you do the exercises the right way and to rest between the workouts. The growth happens while you rest and not during the workout. It is considered that when you lift weights you cause small injuries to your muscles ad that during the rest period your body tries to fix the damage. The results of healing process are bigger and stronger muscles and a nice, firm body.

Weight lifting tears your muscle tissues and then adds cells to them to help it grow :-D