I have problem that is going to my nerves very much. I have sjogren's disease and that is the cause of my problems. As you probably know this disease make problems like dry mouth, eye and nasal cavities. My biggest problem is dry mouth. I am looking for the way how to increase saliva. Can you help me?

There are some products that can help you. First thing you can use is artificial saliva. But there are people that don't tolerate these preparations. If that is the case then you can use things like Salivart, Saliment, Saliva Substitute, MouthKote and Xero-Lube. Also avoid mouth breathing because it is drying.

Hi there Corinne,

As Marlowe has already mentioned you can use some artificial products to increase saliva in your mouth but you could also try to avoid all the things that are making your mouth even dryer and one of them is breathing on your mouth. I know that this is easier said than done but you could try and see how it will go.

Also, I would suggest consulting your doctor about artificial saliva products just to avoid any further complications in case that you can’t tolerate some of their components. I hope that you will find a way to resolve your problem. Good luck with everything.