Hi! I have one question about plaque in heart arteries. Well, my father has this problem. He’s using certain medications. But my friend told me that it’s possible to remove heart plaque without medications. That would be great. Please, somebody with experience tell me how to remove heart plaque naturally? Thanks!

Doctors usually suggest a low-fat diet and exercise. I have the same problem and I eat fish at least twice a week and it has been shown to be helpful. Also I head that human body needs large quantities of vitamin C to make collagen. If you don't have enough collagen, the artery walls will form lesions. I eat a lot of fruits and vegetables.

Hey fonzie,

I really wouldn't agree with your friend on this suggestion. The dangers that might come if your father would stop taking his medications are far too serious - he is risking a possible stroke if artery or blood vessel becomes blocked. Yes, change in diet and increase of physical activity are necessary, but if your father can't increase his physical activity that much because of the age or health, than it doesn't make much sense to take this big risk.

Besides, if only 50 percent of an artery becomes blocked, it's considered to be very dangerous. That's why diet and healthier lifestyle are necessary, but medications to help clear the heart plaque are necessary as well. Wish you both the best!