Hi, folks. I am planning going to the seaside this summer, but I have a problem. I cannot take my child on tha beach since she is eating sand. I would like to know if I could do here something. Can anyone help with some advice? I will appreciate all your advices considering this. Thanks.

Hello. Usually, when toddlers first go to the beach, they eat sand. You haven’t mentioned the age of your kid. Most of them stop eating when see that the taste is inappropriate. However, some kids continue with this activity. If they are bigger, you can try to explain them. Explain that sand is not for eating, but for playing. Experts think that playing in the sand is very important for developing kids’ creativity. In some studies, experts say that kids who eat sand may have lack of iron. You can go to a doctor and ask for analysis. I hope your daughter will stop eating sand.