I have had chronic folliculitis on my chin for 2 years now. They are very small while bumps that when squeezed, secrete pus and sometimes blood. Untreated I can have up to 20 or more at a time all over my chin and sometimes on my lips or moustache area. It wasn't until I went to my GP and got a bacterial culture a few months ago that they determined it was caused by Coagulase-Negative Staph and not Staph Aureus like most cases of superficial folliculitis on the face. They say it's not Gram-Negative but I've read that Gram-Negative is very hard to catch so I'm not completely sure that I don't have that.

My GP prescribed me Bactrim DS for a week which completely cleared it up but then a week later it came back full force. Since then, I've been on Bactrim for a month, Bactrim DS again, and now topical Clindamycin and Cipro which doesn't seem to be working at all. This is clearly extremely chronic and resistant. Would going on two antibiotics simultaneously such as Rifampin and Bactrim while also using Bactroban in my nose possibly cure it or is this overkill? I don't know what to do anymore. Does anyone have any suggestions?