Hello! Last winter I went with my friend to the mountains. We spend a weekend there and it was really wonderful. This winter we plan to stay longer and I look forward to it. Last time I had problems with windburn since I didn’t protect my face properly. I hope this will not happen again but in case it happens to someone I would like to be ready. How to treat windburn?

Hello! I think the better question would be how to prevent a windburn. The prevention is essential and you should always think about it before exposing your skin to direct wind and cold temperatures. Windburn and sunburn prevention should go hand in hand. The skin should be covered by sunscreen and moisturizing is very important. When windburn happens it can be easily treated with Aloe-based moisturizer or Cocoa butter that alleviates the symptoms of windburn. Scratching or rubbing the affected area should be avoided. The skin usually restores to normal condition very soon.