Hello. I'm 29 year old female and I have some questions about my present health state. You see, about two months I felt terrible pains located in my lower abdomen accompanied with several cramps.
Of course, I have contacted my gynecologist immediately such discovered that I suffer from some condition called endometriosis and that my only option is operation called hysterectomy.
So, I have had that operation done about three weeks ago and operation went really well. But there is one thing that’s confusing me and bit scares me. Recently I have noticed that I have some light pink discharge and I don’t know what could cause it. Please tell me- could it be something serious?

I have had this hysterectomy operation done about a year ago and I have also noticed the same discharge you experienced and I was also very worried.
I have contacted immediately my gynecologist who told me some things that calmed me down.
He told me that it is quite normal and that I shouldn’t be worried at all.
It usually lasts a couple of weeks but it can continue for 6 weeks.
He told me also that I could expect some more spotting out at about 5- 8 weeks when some of the sutures dissolve.
But he told me that this should last longer than 6 weeks because if it does- it can mean human papillomavirus is present or urinary infection is present. So, if you experience that discharge for a long time- contact your gynecologist for further evaluation!

This past week I noticed a slight vaginal discharge, thick and clear. I gave it no thought at all, until today when I noticed brownish red blood. I have had it off an on today along with tummy pain and cramping and a very bloated stomach. I am 57 and had a hysterectomy 28 yrs ago. I still have my ovaries and have started menopause a few years ago. Is this common or is there a serious problem?
Dee