I am a 13 year old, and I weigh around 140 pounds. I exercise two- four days a week for softball and I eat relativity healthy, but I haven't lost a pound. I am trying to lose eight before the summer... HELP :'(  :'( Anyone I would be so thankful!!!  

wow! i play softball too! well im 14 :)  it wud hel if u have a routine everyday
it helps me to get fit.
i do it every morning to warm up and to stay focuz at skul x)
i do it about 15 minutes before shower.
yeah... keep on eating healthy foods but only eat about the size of your fist.
I swim 20laps evry week (cuz i hav to) and it really helps :)

i hope thiss helps.

Hey :)
sweetie you should talk to a doctor about this. A doctor could figure out why you are over weight, and if you even are depending on your height. They could tell you if your at risk for any thing, or if its simply just hormonal. a lot of people around your age experience weight problems. There could actually end up being something wrong with like your liver or your gal bladder.
You should really really go talk to a dr about it and get HEALTHY help, that will be effective!

Do you eat lots of sugary foods and fatty foods ?
You will be surprised how much is in foods prepared ,when looking look for low fat and low sugar foods and buy non added sugar foods it really does make a difference . Try to cut down on sugar you add yourself after 1 month you should see a difference

The best way to lose weight is to cut 2 food groups out of your diet- dairy and grains. Aside from that the only other thing you have to keep in moderation is fruit. All the other food groups if eaten as whole foods can literally be eaten in any quantity. I recommend eating more healthy fats, nuts, fatty meats as a way to do that. This will get your body to start burning fat for fuel. Weight training might also be a good idea too. The more muscle you have, the more calories you burn. It is also a good idea to eat early, and often. Hope this helps.

do you guys realize you are talking to thirteen year old?!?!
Its seriously probably hormonal. A doctor is THE BEST person to take advice from, not some people on a website. 
Tell your parents, or a trusted adult that you want help losing weight, and have them make you an appointment with a doctor.

dont go cutting out certain food groups, or exercise excessively. your body is unique and you need a way to lose weight that is healthy for you!

It doesn't matter how old this person is. This patter of eating will work for anyone. You are probably right on the exercise, but technically if you are eating right you won't need to do much exercise anyway. Cutting grains out PERIOD no matter what age you are is a good idea. Childhood obesity is booming in this country because parents allow their kids to eat it. A doctor is not always the BEST person to take dieting advice from. Being a doctor while providing care is a business. They make money treating problems not preventing them. A lot of what doctors promote is the 'food pyramid' but for those that don't know how that came to be, it was designed by farmers and not by science. Reports come out DAILY on how terrible grains are in the american diet. Eating healthy foods, no matter the quantity will promote healthy weight loss at a healthy pace, and keep it off. Prematurely going to a doctor is why healthcare in this country is a joke. People going in for stuff that can be easily remedied. They are not out anything by trying this first and then going to a doctor, but this by no means warrants seeing a doctor first. From how adamant you are on seeing a doctor leads me to believe that you work in the medical field.

Not if you go to a holistic doctor...

sorry to be a pain, but the doctor you want to see is an osteopathic doctor. A holistic doctor still TREATS a problem, the osteopathic doctor PREVENTS a problem from happening. While the concepts of each doctor are similar, a holistic doctor is still after the fact.

I'm 13, too and I play softabll. I was wondering the same exact thing about myself and so I asked my mom and said that since I play softball, and I have muscle, that muscle weighs more than fat so that is why.