I am currently 13 and have been thinking of losing weight in the healthiest way possible. Preferably a way that doesn't take to long. I weigh 195 pounds and need to lose weight. 7th grade is almost over and I want to enter 8th grade with a skinny body.

Hey I'm in 7th grade and I lost a load of weight by walking home from school. I was 54kilos (1kilo is 1.5 pounds) now I'm 40 it works. I'm a guy and have told this to plenty of girls. I'm in Australia so it is very easy where I live.

It's all about diet and exercise. Finding a healthy diet full of fruits and veggies and nutrients is essential to losing weight. Start by changing your eating habits: for snacks, eat fruit or carrot sticks. For other meals, cutting back on portion sizes is essential: you're going to want to lessen the amount of grains and meats, while piling up on vegetables (at least half of your plate should be veggies). Your body will get used to eating less, and you will find it craving healthy food instead of junk food! You will be all around healthier as well. It's also important to read labels: stay away from foods that have a lot of fat and sugar for the serving (if there's 6 grams of fat in a candy bar, for example, that's really really bad!). Carbohydrates aren't necessarily bad; just watch out for which ones you eat (switch regular flour bread/pasta for whole wheat--no difference in taste). Water is also extremely important. It is not only the healthiest thing you can drink, but it also helps flush out excess c**p and water weight in your body. Juice is okay every once in a while; tea is also good (stick to plain herbal teas like green tea...don't drink any that say "Herbal Cleansing" or any other fancy labels/uses unless you want to have diarrhea for 5 hours...), especially if you can stay away from adding sugar (substitute it with Splenda or Sweet n Low if you must, and try adding lemon!) If you're craving sweets/candy, fruit is the way to go! A simple fruit salad with pineapple, strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries is not only really good for you, but it's super sweet and bursting with flavor.

To lose weight, it is important to focus on aerobic exercise like jogging, walking, swimming, dancing, etc. Find something you like and STICK TO IT. After about two weeks or so, it will become habit! Besides helping with weight loss, it will help you emotionally by providing stress relief and fun. A good gauge of you burning calories/fat is sweating. Embrace the sweat! The more you sweat, the more weight you'll lose. Just make sure to replenish fluids lost with good, clean water. 

By using diet and exercise properly, you'll be sure to lose weight and maintain it. Of course, don't go too far; once you hit your ideal weight, you can cut back a bit on dieting, but it's important to maintain an exercise routine.

:-) Good luck!

me to but I way about 120 but I still way a lot that's what my perents say