I just found out that I am pregnant. My husband was excited about it until yesterday. All of a sudden he is FREAKING OUT! He says its horrible timing because he is stressed out over a custody battle with his ex with their 12 year old daughter. He is threatening to leave me :( I think he is having a melt down. What should I do?

I'm pretty sure he had as much to do with causing this as you did. Why is he all of a sudden taking it out on you? You need to make him see this.

Something happened between then and now and you have to get to the bottom of it, now is not the time for him to be going off the deep end. Njoy said it right....he has just as much to do with this as you do. Did you two both agree on having a baby? If the feelings were mutual, then shame on him. If he had no idea that you wre trying to get pregnant than, i hate to say this but...shame on you.

Give him a little time to absorb this news, then talk to him. Threatening to leave you is absolutly ridiculous and he needs to get a serious grip on himself. He has a 12 year old that he is battling for custody over, so what, stuff like this happen's everyday. He has made a decision to fight for his daughter, good for him, but he also has another family, you and one on the way.

Having a baby is supposed to be a joyous time in a married couple's life, not filled with stress and aggravation, and most of all, the threat's to leave you can be harmful to your health and your baby's. This kind of stuff can take it's toll on you and your mental well being. He is not allowed to make you stressed and uncomfortable, especially now. The most important thing right now is your baby. You must keep yourself healthy and calm and free of stress. If push comes to shove, tell him to make alternative living arrangements until he can grow up. Sorry to be so blunt, but it is what it is and he is being irrational and unreasonable. If he can't calm down and accept this wonderful new's, then he need's to find some where to go for a while until he wakes up.

Wow, that sounds so familiar. When I got pregnant with my boyfriend, I was scared to tell him at first because I thought he wouldn't be happy... our relationship was still very new and the pregnancy was unplanned. But when I finally did, he acted happy and supportive, and I was so relieved. Then when I saw him again a few days later (we weren't living together) he had done a complete 180 and demanded I get an abortion. I don't know what happened, exactly. I do know that relationship problems while being pregnant are very common, and my relationship wasn't solid enough to survive that. I decided to just carry on without him. I was having one baby. I didn't need another, if you know what I mean. He's welcome to see his daughter anytime he wants, but has shown no interest so far. 

Can I first just say congratulations. Yes he is stressed as he should be custody battles are expensive and sadly men are not taken seriously in them as they should be. It is not easy to have such a big age difference with kids ( i know this because i have a 17 yr old and a 2 yr old) Maybe it seems like he is taking it out on you because your hormones are increasing and it is just feeling that way? Sounds to me like he is a stand up guy if he is fighting for his daughter, not many men even care enough too. and with him stressed i know it is causing you to feel the stress too. I want to tell you it will all get better but i do not know you or him so i really do not know but usually thats the way it works and if it was a surprise and your marriage was a bit shakey he might be afraid it could happen that he has to go through another custody battle in the future?! i am not saying anything like that is going to happen but i am just giving you my advice take a deep breath reassure him you love him and are on his side and you will stand by him and you need him to stand by you as well, Just be patient with him and know that you love him and he loves you or why else would you be married to eachother. Good luck!