I've had my period for a couple years and this only started a couple months ago, but now every time I get my period, food disgusts me the first couple days. Even food that I usually love, I look at and want to throw up. Any ideas on why this is happening?

No idea, but the same thing is happening to me. Same story.

i can't eat during my period because it's too painful...my cramps. It doesn't make me want to throw up. I just have no interest in it, when i have cramps.

Me too. One time during my preiod I tried to go a day without eating something but in the end I ate a little plate of rice. But then my cramps went crazy. I literally could not ssleep until I forced myself to throw up and my cramps stopped all in one instant. Therefore, I'm scared of eating anything during my period even drinking water.

I know exactly how you feel. I'm usually a foodie & love to eat but the week I'm getting my period my appetite suddenly changes I don't want to eat anything & once I get it I can't eat anything except dry crackers and drink warm cranberry juice and hot tea. I'm like this for 3 days and then I'll attempt to eat something but it has to be dry nothing juicy or sausy. Before my period ends I usually have diarrhea . But I can't stand it cause I feel so weak from lack of hunger. I'll be glad when menopause finally takes place.

Exactly the same with me. Soo sad

it's like that for me too! And I also have insomnia! I wish somebody would have remedies or whatever cause it's unbearable!!!! Yesterday I was at a bbq and saw tons of food and I wanted to throw up. It also did the same last night.

I also have this problem. I can't eat, or drink anything when im on my cycle. The only thing i can find myself eating is a red orange and i can drink a coke, but anything else comes right back up. I can't even work because of how bad it is, running back n forth to the restroom. I was recently fired because of it , so of anyone finds out anything please LET US KNOW!!

I'm the same way!! I'll have a few days where I only want junk food and then a few days I gag at the idea of eating anything. It's miserable. Most people eat too much but I've always had the opposite problem. Just embrace it and eat small things that sounds good even if it's not good for you.

The older i get the worse it gets i havent felt this way in along time When i smell food that i love to eat during the start of my cycle it makes me feel like i need o throw up caint stand this feeling Why : As females we go through alot i love being active but feels like i dont have any energy.....

That is exactly what happens to me! i eat one thing or drink even just a sip of water and the cramps are unbearable until I throw up multiple times:')

I don't know if any if you still use this forum but I've had this for years - it was a pattern where a day or two before I didn't feel hungry. Then on my first day any food made me ill and it was physically painful to see, smell or swallow food it was crazy. On top of that I had severe nausea and vomiting. I have dysmenorrhoea and I notice especially when I have lower back pain I feel nauseous. What I find is once you deal with the pain the food sickness goes away. So I suggest to all of you to be taking proper pain medication to help (I've been through so many so I know the struggle) and see if you have a medical condition like I did you need specific therapies for.

Guys, i think this recipe will work. Boil cumin (jeera) seeds in water and drink that water. After sometime cramps will go away.

I feel the same way I can't eat or I will get really bad cramps then I have make myself throw up in order for my cramps to calm down.

On November the 10 2014 thats Wen I have start my first period . When I have seeing my period it makes mi don't like to eat in the morning I would vomit about 3 times and have pups .My period comes with alot of pain it make mi hate to see food Wen I am on my cramps Wen my belly really get cramps I have to sleep all day without eating any form of food or drink water but Wen the cramps is gone I can eat and drink anything but during the cramps I can't .At first time I usually see my period two times in a month and I usually loose alot of blood lately but no it is coming normally now .