All my life I have been on all sorts of diets, and it is needless to say that nothing really helpped me. I would lose some weight, but gain as twice as much. I was constantly dieting yo-yo. Recently, I heard about book called "Stop the insanity", that is about diet facts. I would like to get more informations about it. Thanx

If you want to get off the dieting yo-yo you have to read Susan Powter's book called "Stop the insanity". This book is aimed, sadly, mostly to women, who have tried every diet known and keep getting fatter. It is important not to starve yourself. If you don't get enough food your metabolism drops. However, your body still needs to get fuel from somewhere so your muscles get robed. And what happens in these cases is that you lose weight but it is mostly water and muscles. After going off the diet, body piles on the fat. Her fat loss secrets are that we need to eat more of the rights kind of food like high quality proteins, complex carbohydrates, fruit and vegetables. Also, we need to avoid food with a high content of "bad" fat. She says that we don't need to starve ourselves, and when we are hungry that we should eat but only to be carefull what we choose to eat, and to exercise regularly. When it comes to exercising, the secret is that you find what you enjoy. In the book "Stop the insanity", Susan is actually recommending high carb, low protein and low fat diet. But remember, every person is different and what works for someone it does not mean that it will work for you too. You just need to find out what is the best solution for you.