Every day you can listen or read about diet, about lose weight. Please tell me what healthy food is. Do you have some healthy eating advice?

Hi! I think that good balanced diet is the best diet. This diet about 5 years, and I look good, and my health is ok. You should eat everything in small amount. Moderate is the key. Eat regular meals based on carbohydrate in the form of unrefined starchy foods. Refined sugary food can cause fluctuations in blood glucose levels. So, don't use refined sugary food. Protein is needed in moderate amounts. Fats are essential to health in small amounts. You need roughly equal amounts of saturates (e.g. butter), monounsaturates (e.g. olive oil) and polyunsaturates (e.g. sunflower oil). Vitamins and minerals are best obtained from eating a wide variety of foods. Don't skip meals. People who eat breakfast regularly are more likely to be slim than people who skip it. Combine a balanced diet with regular moderate exercise to feel and look your best.

Hi all. I'm a new member here on steadyhealth.com. I am currently 4 months into a new eating lifestyle. I have been overweight for most my life. I am not obese, but my weight is definitely noticeable and it is something I have struggled with ever since my mom made me wear a husky sports coat when I was 12. I am now 32 years old and I am making a change. I have lost 50 pounds in the last year thanks to traveling and walking and now that I am back in the office, sitting at a desk, and I needed to find ways to eat right and exercise.

One thing I learned was to not deny myself treats. Of course, you can't eat an entire pint of ice cream but you can indulge every now and then to remind yourself that you too can enjoy the sweet goodness of food without feeling guilty about it. Specifically, I found an ice cream that I love and it is healthy. I had to share it here because I imagine other people are looking for something similar. It is called Laloo's Goat Milk Ice Cream (www.laloos.com) and it is made form goat milk instead of cow milk. Because of thwat, the calorie and fat content is way down. The best part of it all is that taste is exactly the same as cow milk ice cream.

Just thought I'd share a good product for those looking to eat healthy during the holidays! Enjoy!

My suggestion is to search for the keywords Joe Dillon Differnce first. He has the who, what, why, where, hows. Joe Dillon is a motivational speaker whose focus is better health through a diet plan that promotes high protein and low carbs SIMILAR to Atkins but not. I recommend that if you have the opportunity you must take it and go listen to him speak. My employer got him to speak with our employees and another companys employees so that may be a suggestion you could add to your suggestion box at work. It was very beneficial not only to us as individuals but it really did increase overall production for the simple fact that we felt better. Most of the office employed one aspect or another and a few went all the way with his program. We have visited him and heard him speak several times to the satisfaction of our boss.

Then search for Life Extension. Dillon promotes the supplements found at the other website because they are 'pharmaceutical grade' products. Basically that means there are no additives that can be found in the same products bought at a retail store. Because of the quality these products are more expensive. To each their own, I say.

I also tried the program and did as much as I could to follow it and I really did notice the difference in how I felt overall and I lost 28 pounds. However I didnt stick to it for my own reasons. I want to share the information cuz I know when a person finds something that works for them they want others to know about it. I still try to do what I can but my current financial situation cant support it in full force. Personally I wish to do it all the way not just a little here and there. BUT THATS ME.

The purpose for my post is to get people who are constantly seeking or hoping for that miracle pill or plan that will practically melt the pounds off in their sleep and cause no adverse affects to realize that right now it aint out there. Maybe someday, but not now. And in the meantime this is a sensible way to get started. I know how it is to want so badly to lose the weight, try, and get discouraged because the 'new fad' plan didnt work. Its an emotional roller coaster.

Food for thought: Have you noticed that in almost all of the diet fads, pills teas, creams, etc they all say somewhere, possibly in the finest print, that their product will work most effectively with a healthy diet and excersize plan? Mmmk... See where Im goin with this? You know how every now and again in these posts you'll see a few words lit in blue representing a link? I clicked on one and it led me to a site advertising their Wu-Yi tea and how it 'may' help you this or help you that. At the VERY bottom there is the exact above statement. Well if all I need is a healthy diet and excersize program, why do I REALLY need this tea...? (Nothing negative being implied toward this site.)

DisntinctivelyMe...?