I am 23 years old and live in the US. I had an abortion a few months ago. I already have a 6 month old son, and I have been happily married for several years. 

I have seen so many posts about abortion patients that regret their decision to terminate. However, the majority of abortion cases do not end in regret. I grew up in a very fundamentalist Christian family and was always taught that abortion was a sin. However, I grew away from those views and became very liberal over the years. 

My husband and I could have afforded the child. We could have sacrificed more of our time to dedicate to him or her. I did not want to take that time away from my son, and I don't regret that decision. I don't think I ever will. 

Also, avoid these crazy "crisis pregnancy centers". They're often extreme religious groups who will try to sway you to be anti-abortion. I would go to Planned Parenthood's website to get the details of the procedures and options corresponding to your gestational stage. 

It was the right decision for me, and it might be the right decision for you, too. If you have doubts, then I wouldn't do it. That's how you end up regretting your decision. Don't allow your partner to pressure you. It is YOUR body and YOUR choice. No matter what you choose, make sure you are doing it for yourself and no one else. I would avoid reading all of the stories of regret and "empty wombs". Remain objective. Know the facts. Evaluate. Decide For Yourself. 

Best of luck to all of you,

LNL

I was interested tor read your article.
I'm one of the 'crazy people' at a Pregnancy Crisis Center who offer help to families and individuals who can see no way out other than an abortion. You would not fit into that criteria however, as you could have coped very happily and easily with your child had it been born.
You offer very good advice in your letter, and this is where we help most, in giving the family or woman the opportunity to keep their baby should they want to. You possibly are unaware of how much pressure is applied in so many different situation, to the pregnant woman today. Even a great many doctors offer abortion the moment the woman is 'diagnosed' with pregnancy.
Thank you for your honesty, but even more so for your support of those who are pregnant and not sure how to proceed, as you are so strong on not being pressured at such a vulnerable time in one's life.
God bless you