I became pregnant while I was married. It wasn't until after I found out I was pregnant that I also found out my husband was addicted to prescription medication. It was so severe that he was to the point of selling stuff from our home to support his habit. My question is, could his drug addiction caused any type of developmental problems in our child? My little girl is now 2 1/2. She takes major mood swings and seems extremely irritated most of the time.

better consult your doctor along with your child

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Well it sounds like she didn't have any physical birth defects which is great! However, yes it is possible that it could mentally affect her later on. Also, she has a higher risk of also becoming addicted to that prescription drug later in life. I'm a college student about to receive my degree in psychology - children and adolescents, and I've read in my studies that the gene for that drug was most likely passed through his sperm, and into the fertilization of your egg.
It isn't 100% that this will happen to her, but there have been many cases in which it has. All I can tell you is to go to your doctor and make sure you monitor your child's behavior and look for sudden changes in eating/sleeping habits, as well as behavioral changes.