Hi, people. I have been lately experiencing some problems with concentration. The doctors suspect that I may have multiple sclerosis. I am wondering if my concentration problems are related to MS. Can anyone tell me something more? I would really like to know this. I will appreciate all your replies. Bye!

Hello. Multiple sclerosis is a serious disease. Many people see it as a disease that brings physical disability. However, it can also cause cognitive problems. The lack of concentration can be one of those manifestations. More than half of MS patients experience this. However, as far as I see, your doctors are still suspecting. It doesn’t have to mean that you must have MS. Wait for the results of the tests first! Good luck!

Hi, there. I think that this only proves that MS is a complex disease. You have physical disability and cognitive impairment. Many people leave their jobs due to these cognitive problems. I have also found that about 50% of MS patients have this kind of problem. Sometimes, these symptoms are barely noticeable. You should first see if you really have MS. If you have it, then you must be disciplined in the treatment. Please, let me know the results of the tests. Bye!

Hi. Concentration problems are common for people with MS. They often can do only one thing at the time. Other things in their environment can easily distract them. This goes for both office and home environment. For instance, they cannot focus on working on the computer, listening to the music and answering to the phone. They can also be slower in learning new things. You should discuss about these issues with your specialist. I hope that this is only a false alarm. Good luck with your tests!