Hello, folks. I am trying to improve my diet, so I am thinking to try with some sea vegetables. I have heard about wakame kombu. I have heard it is very healthy. I wonder if it is true. Can anyone help me with some more info? I would appreciate all your replies considering this.

Hi, there. I must make a correction. Wakame kombu is not one vegetable. In fact, those are two different species. There are three traditional sea vegetables harvested in Japan. Those are: kombu, wakame and nori. Nori is the most famous. I have also heard that these are healthy. You should consult an expert. Good luck with all!

Hello. You are right. Sea vegetables are very healthy. Wakame acts as blood thinning agent. People who take anticoagulants should avoid it. It is used in soups and salads. Kombu is rich with substances like: calcium, iodine, alginic acid and dietary fiber. I think it can be used as flavor enhancer. I hope this helps. Bye!