Hello.  

My dog is everything to me. I am divorced, I don’t have children’s, and he is like saver for me. Beautiful Labrador boy, Deen. 

We had so hard time together, and I think that I won’t be able to survive without him. At all. 

But, a few months ago, he was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I was giving some meds to him, but he didn’t react so well. I think that he was suffering while he had his therapy. I was wondering, because I think that you have a lot experience, can you recommend me some natural treatment for hypothyroidism in dogs? 

Hello Rosaura. 

Don’t worry, there are so many natural treatments for hypothyroidism in dogs, and I can say that they are really helpful. I do have a lot of experience with dogs and their health issues and you can trust me. So far, I know that natural remedies have become very popular, because we, pet owners are a little bit skeptical about all those pharmaceutical treatments (maybe because they cost too much). Plants such as fenugreek are really helpful, so you might try them. There are so many ways how to use them, you can find them on the internet, just search for them.  

Hey there. Sure I can! And, don’t worry, I am sure that your dog will be just fine. I mean, there are so many ways to treat your dog with hypothyroidism. I know some of them, but a few days ago, my friend told me that she was using Astralagus. 

Have you ever heard about Astragalus? No? Neither did I :) Well, according to my friend, this is Chinese herb, and it is best known for its ability to promote normal blood pressure and blood sugar. It is also used for some other health issues, but it is great and natural treatment for hypothyroidism in dogs. 

I can say that this is the best place where you will find all those good answers on your questions. I see that you already got pretty quality answers. 

Here's my five cents. Consider to get bladderwack. It is one sort of the sea vegetable, and it is known for its ability to control an overactive thyroid. It is also a good and primary source of iodine, and that is something that thyroid requires to produce good amounts of T3 and T3 hormone. If you want to use this for your dog, you should find out where this plant was harvested from. You need to research. 

Good day there. I have never heard for this Chinese and that sea plant. It sounds interesting. 

Where can I find them? I am asking you this because my dad has problem with his dog who is having hypothyroidism. It seems that nothing can help him. He was at some therapy, but he is not better. I know that natural remedies are really popular, because they are able to improve the functioning of the thyroid without including hyperthyroidism. I have heard that some herbs can be helpful, but I am not so sure where I can find those herbs?

Please, let me know, because my dad is really sad over his dog. 

Good day. I remember that my friend Josh was ordering those plants on the market, he had some friend there who helped him find those plants. He told me that it is not hard to get them at all, so I believe that you won’t have any troubles finding them. I also have heard that Rehmannia root, when it is cooked, it can be functional and helpful. A lot of vets will tell you that hormone therapy is available from your vet. Also, you can try coconut oil to your dog’s diet program, because it is proven very successful for some dogs with hypothyroidism. 

Hey everyone. My dad called me today, telling me that he is pretty happy. His friend called him today and told him that she is able to find some treatable plants for him and for his dog. I have told him about those cures, that you told me, but I could see in his face that he is a little bit skeptical.

But, when this friend called him, she told him that those are the only one natural cures, if he wants to avoid some antibiotics. And, to be honest with you, he doesn’t want to treat his dog with any antibiotics.

She told him that coconut oil can help him as well. Can you tell me how? 

I don’t want to suggest any other ways of natural treatment, because I think that those treatments are good and to be honest, I don’t have any other natural way :) My friend has dog diagnosed with hypothyroidism and I told her about those treatments as well.

She is super happy, I think that she even found who will get those plants for her.

Also, she wants to find the best way to treat her dog, the best way to take care of him with those natural treatments.

She is really thankful to you, and if you have any other suggestions, let us know.