I'm 55. For about two years I get this "flu" every 6 months or so. It starts with body aches, particularly in the hips and legs, at about the knee. After that, I start to get a headache in the back of my head. The next step is the fever, which can be over one hundred degrees. The next day, Everything in my rib cage feels sore, even if I'm just walking. It's is like I've been punched in my solar plexus, and I may stiil run the fever. I have NO coughing, NO vomiting, or NO runny nose. It's just pain that wraps around me and the headache and fever. It reccurs, which I don't understand ,and usually affects me for up to three days. It did not respond to my migraine medication(Zomig) or my restless leg medication(ropinirole) What is this?

Hi Shanny,

The symptoms that you have described can be many things. Did you ever to see a doctor to run some blood tests? You might have some virus in your body that only awakens when your immunity system is not good. Fever and the pain in the body are draining all the energy from you and the headaches might just be the cause of the pain that you are experiencing. Have you tried with some antiviral medication? This could also be a bacterial infection. It is really hard to guess because these symptoms relate to many disorders.  You should do some blood test.

It is a little strange that it goes away in only three days. How long have you been experiencing this?

I'm experiencing the same exact thing.