Hey everyone.
Well here's my problem, I was on the mirena iud for almost 2 years and on a routine checkup I had an abnormal pap result. The doctor sent me to a place called Hope a womens cancer center because it was severe. I had a Coloscopy done and then on Aug. 18th I had my Leep done. I got my results back yesterday but don't understand them so doctor is gonna explain on my follow up on the 1st of sept. Anyway I had the iud removed when I had the leep done and ever since I have had horrible pain and the normal discharge. My problem is this, while on the iud my periods were every 32 days until may when I didn't have one and I haven't had one since. I have read the leep can change your periods but I don't even know when my next one is due I think the 4th of Sept. But my hubby and I were thinking about having another child (key word thinking lol) and I am not sure if I can conceive because I don't know my next cycle. Can anyone help me??

Also, as for the pain I feel I went to the doctor about it and they just gave me pain killers that I can't take cause I can't stay awake to care for my son, but anyways I started back to work today and I was doubled over in what felt like labor pains honestly and now I've been smelling a bloody smell but have only had the brown discharge, is something wrong??

Thanks for any help, I appreciate it a bunch..
*chocolatefreak*

as for the iud, having it removed can cause cramping and changes to your regular cycle until your hormones settle down. likewise you can expect pain cramping and changes to your cycle from the leep.

as for trying for a family I strongly suggest that you hold off on trying until you have discussed this thoroughly with your doctors and have received the results of your tests and got the all clear.

hope this helps

Casig
Thanks for the advice. I got my results back a week ago and I had a high grade leision which was precancerous and the doc said the margins were clear so she said after a week I could go back to normal activity. Now I am worried about the family side of it. I have heard after a leep you can have complications during pregnancy and right now I just have to wait n see if I'm pregnant because I don't know if I'm ovulating because I haven't had a period since april. I know the iud can interfer with my cycles and it takes awhile for my body to return to normal but do you know anything about the side effects on pregnancy after leep? I don't go to the doctor for awhile. Any help would be great.

Hi, I'm glad to hear that the leep was successful and you've been given the all clear. As for pregnancy after leep, the main risks are cervical incompetence and cervical stenosis.

cervical incompetence means that as pregnancy progresses the cervix may struggle to stay closed, but if this is a concern you will be monitored and if necessary then a stitch could be put in to strengthen it and prevent preterm labour.

cervical stenosis is the tightening or narrowing of the cervix and as labour progresses the cervix may struggle to dilate - again this will be monitored and you would have already planned with your doctor if this was an issue.

the risks all depend on how much cervical tissue has been removed and every patient as an individual. I recommend that you try and relax, dont worry about what may happen when you are pregnant until you are. you have been very lucky to have had the procedure done in time and have been given the all clear, so just enjoy the getting pregnant part!

Oh well thanks. Knowing it could all be watched and planned for, it makes it easier to relax. Lol thanks again and I will enjoy the getting pregnant part as well lol. Thanks!

Good to hear it! Please let us know how you're doing and how your pregnancy quest goes. Let us know if you have any other questions, okay? :)

Thanks everyone for the advice, I just wanted to update everyone. Its been 6 weeks and 3 days since my procedure and I started bleeding heavy today (soaking a tampon and going thru my clothes every 2-3 hours) which I am guessing is my period but I don't understand why its so heavy BC even without a Period for 5 months I had a d&c when I had my procedure to make sure they got everything and I shouldn't be bleeding this bad should I? My results were precancerous not sure what stage but my margins were all clear so I go back for a repeat pap in January. Etheir way I'm not pregnant which even though I would love another one I think right now that's a good thing because the economy is so bad it would be hard to give a new baby everything it deserved. Anyway if Anyone might know if the bleeding is ok or if I should go to the doctor plz let me know what ya think. Also I haven't got back on birth control yet but plan on it soon, would that help the heavy bleeding?? Thanks again!

considering all the interventions lately I'm not surprised that you are bleeding more heavily than normal this time, however if you are concerned or in pain then it may be worth popping down to your doctor in order to make sure that everything is ok.

thanks for the update

Oh absolutely the BC will help with heavy bleeding. It usually does anyway. Thanks for updating us and let us know how things are going for you, okay?